You will need to define bank accounts you want to pay your vendors from and format the cheque image.
Click on Administration from Main menu and then Financial-->Payment Accounts-->+New Payment Account
Definition of the account is very similar to the definition of Merchant Accounts, used for tenant payments. You have to enter Bank ID, Bank Name, Branch Transit Number and Account Number. The bank address is mandatory as well, it is printed on the cheques issued from the account.
Specify Account Name for internal use.
Set up the next cheque number to be used by the system. It should not necessarily be 1. For instance:
- If you open new bank account – consider the allocation of the range of cheque numbers to the manual cheques and start auto-generated cheques from, for instance, 500.
- If there is existing bank account you want to set up in Property Vista – take the number of the last cheque issued from this account and increment it at least by 1.
Connect buildings to the account. Important to remember:
- One account can cover multiple buildings. For example, a corporate account which covers every PMC building.
- There should be one default account per building. This default will be picked up during the payment process. If you set up an account as the default for the building, the system will update previous default account (if there was one) to be non-default.
- There should be at least one building connected to the payment account.