In order to maximize the benefits for you and your residents, it is recommended that any correspondence comes directly from you, the Property Management Company. This option is only available to companies that have purchased the full communication suite.
You will need to Complete the following Property Vista Survey that will ask:
- Provide Property Vista with your domain name you wish to use
- ie., @PMCNAME.com
- ie., no-reply@PMCNAME.com or info@PMCNAME.com
- Name: PMC NAME or PMC RESIDENT PORTAL
Once that has been sent to Property Vista, you will need to SETUP the following on your end with your service provider:
NOTE: Please be advised that if you are adding to an already existing domain that is being used for tenant or interoffice communication we recommend to make these changes on the weekend or off-peak hours as the changes can take 24 hours to register. We strongly recommend you check your existing domains to ensure no further conflict exists.
1) DKIM Settings (CLICK HERE FOR MORE HELP)
DKIM is a DNS-based email authentication mechanism that effectively allows Property Vista to send mail on your behalf by allowing receivers to verify that we have permission to send your email. To enable DKIM, create a TXT record with the following value:
- HOST: mandrill._domainkey.INSERTYOURDOMAIN.com (replace insert your domain with the domain you are trying to setup)
- NOTE: SOME PROVIDERS will only need mandrill._domainkey as the HOST.
- TXT VALUE:
- v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB;
- Some DNS providers require that semicolons be escaped. If your provider requires escaping, use this TXT value instead:
- v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB\;
- (IF you have a hard time copy/paste the information above you can click here)
2) SPF Settings (CLICK HERE FOR MORE HELP)
- SPF Records:
- If you already have a TXT record with SPF information, you'll need to add Mandrill's servers to that record by adding include:spf.mandrillapp.com in the record (before the last operator, which is usually ?all, ~all, or -all).
SPF is another DNS-based email authentication mechanism. If you don't yet have an SPF record (Very unlikely), you'll want to add one for your domain. At a minimum, the value should be the following if you're only sending mail through Property Vista for that domain:
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
3) Add Auto-Reply to the provided email address (ie., no-reply@PMCNAME.com)
4) Forward Confirmation Email to <>@Propertyvista.com
- You will be receiving a confirmation email from MANDRILL. This email will need to be forwarded to Property Vista to complete the setup. Check your SPAM folder if you did not receive this. The email will look like this: