The Lease Form Signing Policy covers lease signing and the entire lease lifecycle signing process.
This step-by-step guide helps you set up the Lease Form Signing Policy.
1. Click on Administration from your main screen.
2. Click on Policies → Application/leasing→ Lease Form Signing
3. Click on New Lease Form Signing Policy or choose an existing one.
4. Set Scope to be at the organizational level first. You may create multiple versions of this same policy at the Province, Complex and Building level, but make sure you have an organizational one first.
5. Click on the Details tab and fill out the entire section with all the information of who should sign each type of document.
The type of documents and respective signees are as follows:
- Notice of Increase Signee: The signee when a Notice of Rent Increase is issued.
- Lease Termination Notice: The signee when a Termination Notice is issued.
- Certificate of Service Signee: This rule focuses on the signee for a Certificate of Service. You have the ability to auto-generate a Certificate of Service for certain forms, and this can be used in court to prove the notice was given to the Tenant.
- Proof of Payment Signee: The system has the capability to provide Tenants with a Proof of Payment. This Policy sets who the signatory is on this proof of payment.
- Lease Financial Summary Signee: Similar to Proof of Payment, this policy provides the signature on the Summary of Lease Financials.
The information to be filled out for each document is as follows:
- Signee Selection Method: Who will show up as the person who signed the particular document. Is it always a specific person in your company? If so then choose From Employee List. Is it the person that runs the specified document? If so, then choose Issuing Employee.
- Signee Role: The individual signing → Are they acting as the Landlord or the Agent? Depending on your company setup, choose accordingly.
- Use Profile Signature: When this box is selected it will use the Signature Image that has been uploaded to the Employee. To set up that signature, go to Organization → Employee → Personal Information → Signature. Click on this article HERE, to learn more about configuring employees in Property Vista
- Use Profile Contact Info: When this is checked it will use the Contact Information under the employee profile. If not selected, the information can be edited. To adjust the Contact Information, go to Organization → Employee → Personal Information. Click on this article HERE, to learn more about configuring employees in Property Vista.
- Company Info: The address that you want to appear on the document.
- Auto Signing: Choose who should automatically sign the document.
NOTE: This concept is the same for all rules.
6. Once all the information is filled in, click Save.